5mm (3/16") Superline Winch Line - 10,000 lbs
- Pre-stretched + heat-treated SK75 Dyneema fiber for ultimate tensile strength
- 6' drum guard protects against drum abrasion
- Coated with polyurethane for added UV and chemical resistance
- Optional Grade 100 hook is very lightweight and strong
- Removable Rock Guard included for extra protection against chafe and wear
Diameter 3/16" (5 mm) Breaking Strength 10,000 lbs (4,530 kg) Recommended Winch Rating 1,500 - 4,500 lb (680 - 2,040 kg) Material Pre-stretched + heat-treated Dyneema SK75 synthetic fiber
WILL THIS FIT MY WINCH?
The 3/16" Superline® Winch Line works best with winches ranging from 1,500 - 4,500 lbs. For more information on what length/diameter to choose please reference our Winch Line Guide.
If your travels take you far off the beaten path, you need to be able to depend on your gear to perform. When it comes to winching, the Superline® Winch Line will not let you down. Made with pre-stretched and heat-treated SK75 synthetic rope, it is the most advanced synthetic winch line on the market.
What makes the Superline® so super? Well first off, it’s pre-stretched and heat-treated construction gives it unparalleled strength. In the case of the 3/16” (5mm) Superline®, the breaking strength is 10,000 lbs - that’s 2,300 lbs stronger than our 1/4" (6mm) Classic winch line! Not only does this increase safety, but it allows you to install a smaller diameter line on your winch so you save space on the drum and the winch works more efficiently. The Superline® also has excellent abrasion resistance and is coated with a heavy duty polyurethane coating for UV and chemical resistance. Combine that with only the highest quality hardware and you have a winch line that is worthy of the toughest vehicle extractions.
OVER OTHER SYNTHETIC WINCH LINES
- Highest strength synthetic winch line available - 75% stronger on average
- Use smaller diameter line without sacrificing strength - either gain winch efficiency or gain winch line length
- Less stretch than normal SK75 winch lines
- High grade hardware
- Spliced in the USA
- OVER STEEL WIRE ROPE
- Safer than steel wire rope
- Stronger than steel wire rope
- Extremely lightweight makes it easy to use
- Floats in water
- No more cut hands from wire splinters or burrs
- Will not kink like steel wire rope
- Will not rust
Despite all the benefits that the Superline® Winch Line has over steel wire rope, the proper precautions must be taken when using synthetic rope for winching. Synthetic winch lines are more prone to chafe damage than wire rope, so ensure that the winch rope is rigged properly and isn’t rubbing on rocks, trees or other abrasive surfaces while under tension. This is why we developed our removable Rock Guard to protect the rope when you can’t avoid contact with abrasive surfaces. With proper use and care, the Superline® Winch Line will last just as long, if not longer than a steel wire rope.